How to scrap your car
If you have an old, scrap car it's a simple process to get it scrapped for free.
- Get in touch and tell us the details of your scrap car as well as arrange a time for collection.
- We collect the vehicle and the logbook at the allotted time. Alternatively, you can send the logbook to us before hand. (If you do not have the logbook we can still scrap the car but you will need to let us know prior to us towing it away and you will need to inform the DVLA in writing of your intention to have the car scrapped.)
- You get an intent of destruction certificate as well as section 9 of the log book back.
- You mail the section 9 to the DVLA.
- We send the rest of the logbook to the DVLA and inform them that the vehicle is off the road (make a SORN) and can be de-registered.
- Within about 4 to 6 weeks you should be notified by the DVLA.
What do we do once we've taken away your scrap car?
Once we've towed away your old car for scrap we will remove any parts that can be reused in some way (such as the tyres and the battery). We then separate out the parts that can be recycled such as the catalytic converter. We remove any hazardous parts from your scrap car as well as any fuel left in the fuel tank. Only then is the vehicle ready to be crushed.
Just call us on 0800 612 5144 or fill out the following form: